Thursday, January 15, 2009

Girl's Night Out

Last Saturday I headed to Madison for a girl’s night. Normally, I am not much of a girly-girl girl’s night type of gal but I was honestly so looking forward to chillin with these cool chicas.

I met my friend Jen (who, I am convinced, is actually my sister separated from me at birth, I just love her!) at her apartment mid afternoon. The game plan was to check out the Madison Home Show first (she had free tickets) and then proceed on into Madison for drinks and appetizers followed by dinner.

Okay, the Home Show recap is BRIEF. In summary, (Jen’s company aside) a giant yawn. I went, I tried it out, and I realized, not so much for me. Fixing up homes just doesn’t interest me…I would much rather spend my free time on my motorcycle, flying with the hubsters, or hanging out with friends. But I digress…

We met up with everyone else around 6 had a couple of cocktails and some delicious “stick-to-your-ribs” appetizers including Cheese Curds and Onion Rings…very tasty. We then dined at Café Porta Alba on North Butler Street in Madison where we devoured seriously amazing fresh salads and to-die-for authentic traditional Italian pizza. If you are ever in the Madison area, I would highly recommend this place!

The girls…

No comments: