Monday, February 23, 2009

Shopping IS a Science

I came across a very interesting book today...





As much as I love clothes, make-up, shoes, housewares, books, and DVDs...I do, at times, feel ashamed for being so "consumerized" and definitely have felt the pull of guilt of spending money on "WANTS" instead of "NEEDS". Especially now. I just read today that up to 1/3 of Americans are in immediate danger of loosing their job...GULP.

Do I really NEED another sweater? Do I really NEED fantastic smelling vegan lotion?

This book breaks down why we spend and how we spend. Leaving no stone unturned, the book explains even the craziest of shopping habits (including the psychology behind them). I love the title of the third section of this book:

Men are from Sears Hardware, Women are from Bloomingdale's

So, my shopping habits can now be deciphered but I am still trying to figure out how it is possible to have a closet full of clothes but still have nothing to wear...

No comments: