Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Weekend Musings

1. The Lord of the Rings Movies are just as good the 3rd time around.

2. I am officially over snow and definitely could have done without the 5-7" I had to watch come down on Saturday morning/ early afternoon (though the snow made #1 possible...what else are you going to do during a blizzard?).

3. The snow day on Saturday also made this and this possible.

4. Shoveling is good exercise but I am still so over it (see number 2).

5. Hubster's got his "game on" and took 3rd place in a poker tourney.

6. I honed my card shuffling skills (I love poker but the buy-in was $25 bucks so just one of us played).

7. Lake Winnebago is breathtakingly beautiful when it is frozen over...particularly when seen from 200 feet off the deck (due to a sight seeing flight compliments of hubster's and my dear pilot friend).

8. Nothing beats warm home-made apple cranberry pie.

No comments: