Friday, March 6, 2009

{YOUR NAME HERE}'s Closet Boutique


Did you know that there very well might be a new shop in your town?

Turns out to make a little extra cash, women across the nation are turning their closets into "boutiques" and inviting strangers over (via Craig's List) to "shop".

Think of it like a glorified garage sale. I am not sure how I would feel about having strangers in my home (my mom always taught me not to talk with strangers and I am pretty sure that this rule implies don't invite them into your house, either), But, aside from the whole "strangers" thing, it could be fun, right?

However, be forewarned. If you are thinking of setting up your own "shop" you can't forget about setting up store policies.

Reports one "Closet Shop" owner, "My first customer browsed for about an hour, enjoying the bottled water I provided and ended up purchasing $180 worth of items, all for her adult daughter. Well, she called the next day wanting to return the items because her daughter wasn't interested in wearing used clothing. Luckily, I had clearly stated in the ad, cash sales only, all sale final."

No comments: