Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Raptor Obsession

I am probably one of the few people over the age of 12 who still jumps up and down with glee pointing excitedly when I spot a hawk on a telephone pole on the side of the freeway.

You see, the thing is, I have always had a fascination with raptors (aka Birds of Prey...falcons, hawks, eagles, owls). I am intrigued by their beauty and grace which directly contrasts their impeccable and deadly hunting skills.

They are equipped with such advanced aviation and predatory skills that even the most advanced human produced technologies look primitive.

So it is no wonder that I jumped up and down with similar "raptor spotting" glee when I stumbled across these today...

Newton the Barn Owl, 5x5 fine art print by Rock Top Studio



Owl, 7 x 8 fine art print by Sharon Montrose


Great Horned Owl - 5x7 Photograph by McGuinness Photography

Dreaming Owl...original 5x7 black and white photograph by allieart4children

No comments: